Turner Museum of Glass
South Yorkshire, S1 3JD
Free to all
Founded in 1943 by Professor WES Turner, the museum houses one of the most comprehensive collections of 19th- and 20th-century glass in the UK.
Assembled by Turner largely during glassworks visits, particularly throughout Europe and the USA, the collection is unrivalled in its display of work from the 1920s to the 1950s. The 13 cases of glass artefacts illustrate forming and colouring techniques and include vases, bottles, plates and paperweights, with one specifically devoted to 18th-century wine glasses.