Portsmouth Historic Dockyard
- | 02392 728060
- | www.historicdockyard.co.uk
- 50% off entry with National Art Pass.
- View venue & entry details
Home to the National Museum of the Royal Navy and world-famous ships HMS Victory and HMS Warrior 1860, Portsmouth Historic Dockyard offers several major attractions.
Visitors can engage with their history and come face to face with the fascinating artefacts, ships, stories and people that helped shape our nation’s history. Your National Art Pass gets you 50% discount on a site ticket to all parts of the Dockyard, including:
- Mary Rose Museum, built around the famous Tudor warship which was raised from the seabed in 1982. Reuniting the ship with its contents and crew, the museum contains the most comprehensive collection of Tudor artefacts in the world, with treasures including musical instruments, wooden eating bowls and two-tonne guns. Visitors enter a controlled environment to experience a unique journey through the ship and Tudor life. Following a major redevelopment project ithe museum reopened in July 2016, providing panoramic views of the ship from all nine galleries through floor-to-ceiling glazing on the lower and main decks.
- National Museum of the Royal Navy, one of the world’s leading maritime museums, boasting award-winning permanent collections. Displays include a £4.5 million remembrance exhibition HMS - Hear My Story.
- HMS Victory, the world’s oldest commissioned warship
- HMS Warrior 1860, the world’s first iron-hulled warship powered by steam
- HMS M 33, the only surviving ship from the 1915 Gallipoli Campaign
- Action Stations, where you can discover today’s royal Navy through simulators, experiments, physical challenges and Laser Quest! Additional charges for Laser Quest apply.
- Boathouse 4
- Harbour tours: Portsmouth is the home of the modern Royal Navy, and these tours offer unrivalled views of Britain’s modern frigates, destroyers and helicopter carriers.
- and the following off-site attractions:
- The Royal Navy Submarine Museum and HMS Alliance, where you can go aboard and see how life was lived under the sea (Gosport)
- Explosion! The Museum of Naval Firepower (Gosport)
- The Royal Marines Museum (Eastney)
£16 with National Art Pass (standard entry £32)
Pass must be shown in Visitor Centre when buying tickets to claim offer. Offer not available on online or telephone ticket purchases
Offer valid for adult, child, senior or family all-attraction ticket, not available on single attraction, event or loyalty club tickets
Not valid in conjunction with any other offer or discount
April – October
Daily, 10am - 5.30pm (last entry 4.30pm) *Please allow time to pass through the Visitor Centre as you may be subject to bag checks or other security measures.
Nov – Mar
Daily, 10am - 5pm (last entry 4pm)
Harbour Tour is included with a site ticket. For more information please telephone 023 9272 8060. Harbour Tours are subject to availability and prevailing weather conditions during the winter months and their availability cannot be guaranteed. The Harbour Tour leaves from the jetty alongside HMS Warrior. Please check with the Visitor Centre for daily sailing times.
Closed 24 – 26 Dec