- | 01261 818181
- | www.duffhouse.org.uk
- Free entry with National Art Pass.
- View venue & entry details
Duff House was designed by William Adam and built between 1735 and 1740 as a country seat for the Earls of Fife.
It is now in the care of Historic Scotland. A treasure house with an extraordinary history, it contains masterpieces on long-term loan from the National Galleries of Scotland in Edinburgh. These include El Greco's Saint Jerome in Penitence, Gainsborough's magnificent portrait of John Campbell, 4th Duke of Argyll, and canvases by Raeburn, Ramsay and Etty. There are also outstanding collections of furniture, including chairs by Chippendale, glass, china and ornate tapestries.