Clifton Park Museum

South Yorkshire, S65 2AA

Clifton Park Museum was built in 1783 as the home of Joshua and Susannah Walker, members of the celebrated iron-founding family.

The museum opened in 1893, and since then has collected and displayed exhibits drawn from natural sciences and social and industrial history, as well as displays about the Walker family. The fine and decorative arts collection includes an important selection of Rockingham ceramics and material from the Roman fort at nearby Templeborough.

Venue information

Opening times

Apr – Sept
Mon – Fri, 10am – 5pm
Sat, 9.30am ​– 5pm
Sun, 1.30pm – 4.30pm

Oct – Mar
Mon – Fri, 10am – 5pm
Sat, 9.30am ​– 5pm

Last admission 30 minutes before closure

Closed 25 Mar, 25 – 26 Dec, and 1 Jan

"Art Fund" is the operating name of the National Art Collections Fund, a charity registered in England and Wales (209174) and Scotland (SC038331)