In the steps of St. Wilfred
- Bedale |
- Visit |
- Wednesday 3 October 2012 - 10:00 until 15:00
St. Wilfred of Ripon was instrumental in the early spread of Christianity to parts of Yorkshire, and especially the Dales. Today's expedition will take you to four interesting churches in this area of influence but dating from various periods.
- St Mary's in Hornby, dating from the Norman period
- Holy Trinity in Wensley, known as the 'Queen of Wensleydale'
- St Oswald's at Hauxwell, the oldest of them all
- St Patrick's at Patrick Brompton, mainly 13th and 14th century.
The trip will also include a soup and sandwich lunch at the Friar's Head in Akebar. Members should travel in their own cars or share lifts from Bedale.
This event has been organised by a local supporter help group to raise money for the Art Fund
North Yorkshire North Yorkshire DL8