Visit: Caroline Park & St Mary's Song School, Edinburgh
- Caroline Park |
Thought to be designed by the architects Robert Mylne and James Smith, Caroline Park, situated in the Granton area of Edinburgh, was built in 1685 for Sir George Mackenzie. The house then passed, through marriage, to the Dukes of Buccleuch. Having no shortage of houses, the family then let the house to a succession of tenants. The house was sold in the 1980's and has now been restored as a private house. It has fine plaster work ceilings by Italian craftsmen, a notable German iron work balustrade, painted panels and wood carving. Guided tour by the owner.
Following lunch at Lauriston Farm Inn, visit the song school of St Mary's Cathedral to see the Phoebe Anne Traquair murals.