Visit: Kingsnympton Park and Eggesford Church
- Kingsnympton Park |
Kingnympton Park is a Palladian house, commissioned by James Buller of Morval and Downes and built 1746-52. Now the home of Mr and Mrs Hugh Kenyon, its 18th century landscape setting and much of the interior remain largely unchanged to the present day. There is an adjacent laundry with its old boiling tubs and a large walled garden with a vast, decrepit greenhouse. After lunch, overlooking the River Taw (own expense), visit nearby Eggesford Church to view the superb funerary monuments of the main patron families 1233 to 1911.