- Edinburgh |
As a capital city, Edinburgh offers great architecture, national art collections, royal buildings and historic houses. The 5 day trip will offer a balanced programme which includes a free afternoon on the last day, when some may like to visit the independent galleries in Dundas Street.
The trip will include visits to:
- The National Gallery of Scotland, The Scottish National Portrait Gallery, The Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art and its Dean Gallery.
- The royal buildings at the end of the Royal Mile.
- Floors Castle in the Borders - the largest inhabited castle in Scotland.
- Newhailes - a 17th century house with 18th century additions which boasts the largest private library in Scotland when built in 1718 by Sir David Dalrymple.
- Gosford House by Robert Adam,
On the first day on arrival to Edinburgh there will be a guided coach tour of the city centre, followed by a talk and reception in the hotel. Evelyn Silber, Chair of the Charles Rennie Mackintosh Society, will give this talk on a Scottish subject. If you have friends or family nearby you may invite and pay for them to attend the evening.
For tickets and further information, please contact:
Martin Arnold (West Yorkshire)
Tel: 0113 284 3836