Visit: Reform Club
- Reform Club |
The Reform Club was founded in the ferment of ideas, ideals and political activity surrounding the Great Reform Act of 1832. Radicals and Whigs then needed a centre for their political activities and commissioned Charles Barry to create a new clubhouse, in the style of an Italian palazzo.
Finished in 1841, it was hailed as a masterpiece of classical architecture and has remained largely unchanged in appearance. The Art Fund is privileged to have an exclusive tour of this private club, viewing the atrium and the principal rooms such as th Library, Drawing Room and Card Room with their gilded ceilings and other rich ornamentation.
Booking information: please call 08700 503 688 for tickets.
104 Pall Mall London London SW1