Has your museum got what it takes to win Art Fund Museum of the Year 2019? Here’s how to apply.
Applications open 12 December 2018.
Please read the information pack carefully before you apply. The deadline for applications is 12noon on Wednesday 6 February 2019. Late applications cannot be considered.
The best way to begin the process is to have a conversation with Art Fund, so do get in touch with Emma Coleman at email@example.com or on 020 7225 4822.
What the judges are looking for
To be considered for Art Fund Museum of the Year 2019, please show us how your achievements over the preceding year stand out, what makes your work inventive and the impact it has on your audiences.
These achievements might include:
- bold and imaginative exhibitions, collection displays or conservation projects
- learning programmes which help to develop skills, knowledge and enjoyment in new ways
- acquisitions which have had a real impact on the museum and its audiences
- creative use of technology or digital media
- diversity or access initiatives which greatly broaden audience engagement and participation
- programmes of modernisation, reorganisation or reinterpretation
- new buildings, refurbishments or reinventions of existing spaces
Art Fund Museum of the Year is open to all museums, galleries and historic sites in the UK.
Applicants are usually either fully or provisionally accredited under the Arts Council England Accreditation Scheme, but exceptions are readily considered where organisations are in the public sector, have charitable status or conduct activities that are based on the care, display or interpretation of collections of artistic, historical or scientific interest.
Organisations should also be open regularly to the public.
Only one entry may be made per individual museum or gallery, though where an organisation operates several venues an entry may be submitted for each. Institutions can enter in consecutive years.
We are keen to encourage as many strong entries as possible. If you are unsure whether your organisation is eligible, please contact prize project manager Emma Coleman on 020 7225 4822 or firstname.lastname@example.org.