This works shows the street where the Salisbury Museum was situated from 1864-1981 although the museum itself is just out of the picture.

With the focal point of the Cathedral, it is an accurate reflection of St Ann Street at the time and the oriel window on the left is still there today. The street used to be one of the main thoroughfares in the city but now has a much quieter, more residential aspect.

Provenance

Phillips, 1993; Agnew's; Lord Congleton.




Exhibitions at The Salisbury Museum

Back to top