1) Andrew Nicholl 'Carrick-a-rede, Co.
Four watercolours of the Giant's Causeway region by Andrew Nicholl, late 18thmid 19th century
© Ballycastle Museum
- Pencil & watercolour & ink
- 1) 32.5 x 42.5 cm; 2) 19.4 x 31.5 cm; 3) 40.6 x 66 cm; 4) 17.5 x 26.3 cm
- Art Fund grant:
- £13,078 ( Total: £16,348)
- Acquired in:
Antrim', n/d; 2) John Nixon 'The Giant's Causeway', 1790; 3) Andrew Nicholl ' Pleaskin Head, Co. Antrim', n/d; 4) Andrew Nicholl 'Giant's Eye, Causeway Head', 1859. Illustrate the landscapes of and visitors to the Giant's Causeway region in the mid-1800s. Purchased by the Art Fund with the assistance of the Esmée Fairbairn Foundation.
1) Oriel Gallery 1978; private collection; Christie's. 2) Green's Antiques, Dublin; private collection; Christie's. 3) Christie's. 4) Christie's.
Entry detailsFree to all
Jul – Aug
Mon – Sat, 10am – 6pm
Sun, 2pm – 6pm