The viewpoint onto Alloa is from the north-west of the town, looking towards the River Forth.
- Oil on canvas
- 68.6 x 121.9 cm
- Art Fund grant:
- £3,824 ( Total: £9,560)
- Acquired in:
It depicts a considerable amount of detaill of the late Georgian town, including on the far left the newly built Alloa Academy (1824), the new parish church of St Mungo (1819) in the centre and on the far right the furnaces of Alloa Glass Works, founded circa 1750 and still operating today. The work is important for recording Alloa on the eve of its major expansion as one of Britain's first industrial towns.
Sotheby's 1986; Christie's 2003.