This painting shows the round tower of the Kettle Mills, and includes mill workers carrying out their tasks.

The Mill served as the storage and pumping station for the town's water supply until a constant supply was obtained in 1866. The tower was originally part of the English Civil War defences of the town. The buildings were demolished in 1972.

Provenance

H.M.J Burke; Graham R. Barker.


Lynn Museum

Market Street, King's Lynn, Norfolk, PE30 1NL
01553 775001
Website

Opening times

Tue – Sat, 10am – 5pm Closed on public holidays

Back to top