One of two paintings donated to the National Gallery by T W Bacon.

Bacon was a collector for nearly 50 years, buying his first paintings in 1887. He was a close friend of Sir Charles Holmes, director of the National Gallery from 1916 to 1928, who with his wife was a frequent visitor to Bacon's Essex home, Ramsden Hall.

Oil




Exhibitions at National Gallery

Back to top