50 watch-cocks, (little circular engraved guards on backs of 18th Century watches) in gilt brass, engraved and mostly pierced.

This collection was donated by Mr Rotch who presented over 130 works of art to the V&A, British Museum, Ashmolean and York City Art Gallery through the Art Fund between 1922 and 1960. Mr Rotch was an active member of the Art Fund.




Exhibitions at V&A (Victoria and Albert Museum)

Back to top