Originally one side of single panel with 'Pope Gregory the Great and Matthias' that was divided in two.

The panel had been the right wing of an altarpiece in Santa Maria Maggiore, Rome.

Provenance

Farnese Collection, Rome in 17c.; Cardinal Fesch sale 1845; Major General Sir Allan Adair Bt


National Gallery

Trafalgar Square, London, WC2N 5DN
020 7747 2885
Website

Opening times

Daily, 10am – 6pm (Fri, 10am – 9pm)

Closed 24 – 26 Dec and 1 Jan



Exhibitions at National Gallery

Back to top