One of three paintings donated by Mrs McCleve to York Art Gallery.

They all formed part of the collection of Henry Van den Bergh, who died in 1937. It is most appropriate that they should have been given to York City Art Gallery for they are now re-united with Fantin-Latour's Pink and Red Roses which was also formerly in the collection of Henry Van den Bergh and which was presented by Mrs Stephen Roskill (his daughter) through the Art Fund in 1973.

Provenance

Henry Van den Bergh; Mrs Stephen Roskill.




Exhibitions at York Art Gallery

Back to top