This landscape of Cassiobury Park depicts the Earl of Essex with his family in the foreground and Cassiobury House in the background.

The painting was on display in Cassiobury House until it was demolished in 1922.


Cassiobury Park sale, Knight, Frank and Rutley, London 1922; The Earl of Essex sale, Sotheby's London, 1980; Richard Green, London; private collection, USA; Sotheby's, New York.

Back to top