A construction of curved strips and geometrically-cut planes of perspex held together in a finely balanced state of tension.

The work centres on the space within the still black element, around which transparent elements hurtle out in all directions.

Provenance

Purchased from the artist by Professor Sir Leslie and Lady Martin in 1938; thence by descent to the present owner.


Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art

73/75 Belford Road, Edinburgh, Midlothian, EH4 3DR
0131 624 6200
Website

Opening times

Mon – Sun, 10am – 5pm Closed 25 & 26 Dec
(August - Mon – Sun, 10am – 6pm)



Exhibitions at Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art

Back to top