A George III mahogany tripod circular table.

The top is inlaid with brass and mother of pearl in a manner sometimes associated with Abraham Rontgen. The legs are in human form complete with shoes. Part of a donation of 16 gifts and 1 bequest to five museums by the Brigadier Clark Fund through the Art Fund between 1936 and 1992.

Provenance

The Earl of Wemyss; Walter Chrysler; Brigadier W.E. Clark.




Exhibitions at V&A (Victoria and Albert Museum)

Back to top