The painting shows the 17th century buildings of Henley, including the old wooden bridge with stone flood arches, the cupola of the Guildhall, the Church and the mill on the river.
Henley from the Wargrave Road by Jan Siberechts, 1698
© River & Rowing Museum
- Oil on canvas
- 90 x 121 cm
- Art Fund grant:
- £57,863 ( Total: £771,500)
- Acquired in:
It also depicts agriculture and haymaking in the riverside meadows.
Harry Hamilton Johnston by 1898 and then by descent to the present owner.