The painting shows the 17th century buildings of Henley, including the old wooden bridge with stone flood arches, the cupola of the Guildhall, the Church and the mill on the river.

It also depicts agriculture and haymaking in the riverside meadows.

Provenance

Harry Hamilton Johnston by 1898 and then by descent to the present owner.




Exhibitions at River & Rowing Museum

Back to top