Central panel for the triptych 'Lamentation of Christ with a group of donors'
- Art Funded
- 120 x 97 cm
- Otto Naumann Limited
On top of the hill to the left are other crucified humans. To the right of Christ are a group of small-scale figures.
Probably acquired in 19th century by the Darby family of Coalbrookdale. Altarpiece then given to the Church of Saint Martin, Little Ness c.1875-1909. Sold as 2 lots by Sotheby's, 1993. Both lots left Britain following an unsuccessful export stop.