Consisting of a shallow bowl, baluster and knop stem on double stepped foot with egg and dart rim and triple `shamrock' rouletted inner edge.

Inside of bowl engraved `FOR THE KIRK OF DUNFERLING` around a shield with `ANNO/DOM/1629`.

Provenance

Dunfermline Abbey Kirk since 1629


Museum of Edinburgh

142 Canongate, Royal Mile, Edinburgh, EH8 8DD
0131 529 4143
Website

Opening times

Mon, Thurs, Fri, Sat, 10am - 5pm;
Sun,12pm - 5pm

Closed on Tues and Weds

Back to top