- Art Funded
- 56 x 79 x 56 cm
- Mr & Mrs J Didcock
Watt was responsible for many improvements and for interior decoration and furnishing schemes which were to maintain Aston's reputation as a showpiece for both contemporary and later visitors. Watt's antiquarian tastes led him to restore the house in the Jacobethan manner and request designs from Bridgens when he moved to Aston in 1819 and, subsequently, for a later furnishing campaign. This cellaret dates from the last period of his design activity for Watt and returns to Aston after an absence of almost one and a half centuries.
James Watt Jr, Aston Hall and by descent; disposed of at an unknown date; purchased by the present owners in Ludlow.