This work belonged to the Herbert Powell Collection of British Watercolours which was first given to the National Art Collections Fund in 1929 to function as a Loan Collection for public institutions.

Dr Herbert Powell gave further additions to the Collection in 1936 and 1950. The Collection was finally permanently distributed amongst various public collections in 1968.

Provenance

Herbert Powell


Brighton Museum & Art Gallery

Royal Pavilion Gardens, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 1EE
03000 290 900
Website

Opening times

Tue – Sun 10am – 5pm Closed Mon (except Bank Holidays) Check website for Christmas closures



Exhibitions at Brighton Museum & Art Gallery

Back to top