This watercolour depicts a lake to the right with buildings among trees on a further bank and hills rising steeply behind partially covered by clouds.

There is a rough road leading round the near bank of the lake on which men and pack horses are making their way. It is one of a group of 37 drawings presented to the Whitworth by Mr A E Anderson through the Art Fund in 1926. Mr Anderson also gave over a hundred more works to the Whitworth through the Art Fund on three separate occasions in 1923, 1925 and 1928.




Exhibitions at The Whitworth

Back to top