Statue of Harmony
- Art Funded
- 162 cm
- Daniel Katz Ltd
The statue of Harmony, a representation of the Greek muse of Terpsichore, was commissioned to stand in the Temple of Harmony at Halswell House, near Bridgwater, where the work's patron, Sir Charles Kemys Tynte, created a romantic landscape on his estate at Goathurst. Harmony illustrates the growing influence of neo-classicism on the artist's work. The drapery patterns are refined and composed, giving the figure both poise and balance.
Commissioned by Sir Charles kemys Tynte in 1768 for the Temple of Harmony, Halswell Park, Bridgwater, Somerset; with Daniel Katz Ltd.
Tue – Sat, 10am – 5pm (last entry 4.30pm) Open Bank Holiday Mon Closed one week in Jan, see website for details