- Art Funded
- 28 x 16 x 9 cm
- Dr Nicholas Reeves
The handle of the trulla bears three inscriptions recording the names of the bronzesmith (albeit abbreviated), of the cohort, of the centurion, and of the individual owner.
Revd W.H.Mills; donated to Louth Museum in 1908; Leicester Museum Conservation laboratory in 1963; whereabouts unknown until Sotheby's sale, 28/10/93, lot 119, ex-collection , Lord McAlpine; bought by Rupert Wace, from whom purcased by Dr Nicholas Re