The Chirk cabinet
- Art Funded
- 136 x 115 x 53 cm
- Capt David Middleton
The cabinet has a drop-front decorated with filigree-like silver and elaborate silver mounts.The interior and exterior are set with paintings on copper. The main scenes are 'Christ and the Canaanite Woman', 'Sinite Parvulos' and 'Christ and the Centurion'.
Reputedly given by Charles II to Sir Thomas Myddelton in 1661; almost certainly at Chirk Castle since 1661.