This work belonged to the Herbert Powell Collection of British Watercolours which was first given to the National Art Collections Fund in 1929 to function as a Loan Collection for public institutions.

Dr Herbert Powell gave further additions to the Collection in 1936 and 1950. The Collection was finally permanently distributed amongst various public collections in 1968.

Provenance

Herbert Powell


The Courtauld Gallery

Somerset House, Strand, London, WC2R 0RN
020 7848 2526
Website

Opening times

Daily, 10am – 6pm (last admission 5.30pm)

Back to top