- Art Funded
- 76.2 x 64.8 cm
- Presented by
- F D Lycett Green through The Art Fund
The semi-nude figure looks to the left and rests her hand on an open book and she is loosely clad in blue drapery. The vision of Glory is symbolically represented by a ray of light descending from the top right corner of the painting. This painting was part of a collection of 117 works belonging to the industrialist and engineer F.D. Lycett Green and bequeathed to York through the Art Fund, in 1955, in recognition of the remarkable efforts made after the Second World War by its curator to transform it into a gallery of international importance.
F.D. Lycett Green.