In this half-length portrait, the sitter faces the spectator.

The young girl turns slightly towards the right and holds a fan in her hand. This painting was part of a collection of 117 works belonging to the industrialist and engineer F.D. Lycett Green and bequeathed to York through the Art Fund, in 1955, in recognition of the remarkable efforts made after the Second World War by its curator to transform it into a gallery of international importance.

Provenance

Sir George Holford; F.D. Lycett Green.




Exhibitions at York Art Gallery

Back to top