Christ stands in the middle of this scene and two angels carrying cloaks approach from the left.

Saint John is depicted on the right in a kneeling position. This painting was part of a collection of 117 works belonging to the industrialist and engineer F.D. Lycett Green and bequeathed to York through the Art Fund, in 1955, in recognition of the remarkable efforts made after the Second World War by its curator to transform it into a gallery of international importance.

Provenance

F.D. Lycett Green




Exhibitions at York Art Gallery

Back to top