- Art Funded
- 44 x 54 cm
- Presented by
- F D Lycett Green through The Art Fund
In the foreground, a large tree stands on the left and a group of three figures is placed in the centre. An opened tomb and more trees are placed to the right. Beyond this group of figures, a man bends down to his boat on the lake. This painting was part of a collection of 117 works belonging to the industrialist and engineer F.D. Lycett Green and bequeathed to York through the Art Fund, in 1955, in recognition of the remarkable efforts made after the Second World War by its curator to transform it into a gallery of international importance.
F.D. Lycett Green.