The Holy Family
- Art Funded
- 87.2 cm
- Presented by
- F D Lycett Green through The Art Fund
In the foreground, the Virgin and Baptist gaze adoringly at the Christ Child. In the middle ground, to the left, Saint Jerome peers out into the distance. In the middle ground to the right, Saint Francis receives the Stigmata. This painting was part of a collection of 117 works belonging to the industrialist and engineer F.D. Lycett Green and bequeathed to York through the Art Fund, in 1955, in recognition of the remarkable efforts made after the Second World War by its curator to transform it into a gallery of international importance.
Marquess of waterford; F.D. Lycett Green.