- Art Funded
- 121.9 x 168.9 cm
- Presented by
- F D Lycett Green through The Art Fund
Her left hand pulls back a brocade curtain to reveal a landscape background and two doves are perched in the middle ground of the painting. This painting was part of a collection of 117 works belonging to the industrialist and engineer F.D. Lycett Green and bequeathed to York through the Art Fund, in 1955, in recognition of the remarkable efforts made after the Second World War by its curator to transform it into a gallery of international importance.
Viscountess Churchill; F.D. Lycett Green.