This painting captures a view of the interior of Saint Bavo, Haarlem, looking towards the chancel form the north-east.

A couple stand in the middle of the vast space contained within the church. This painting was part of a collection of 117 works belonging to the industrialist and engineer F.D. Lycett Green and bequeathed to York through the Art Fund, in 1955, in recognition of the remarkable efforts made after the Second World War by its curator to transform it into a gallery of international importance.

Provenance

F.D. Lycett Green




Exhibitions at York Art Gallery

Back to top