St.

Bruno holds a crucifix in his left hand and leans forward over a rock as he gazes upwards in adoration. Across the rock are displayed a skull, a scroll and a book This painting was part of a collection of 117 works belonging to the industrialist and engineer F.D. Lycett Green and bequeathed to York through the Art Fund, in 1955, in recognition of the remarkable efforts made after the Second World War by its curator to transform it into a gallery of international importance.

Provenance

F.D. Lycett Green




Exhibitions at York Art Gallery

Back to top