In this bust portrait, the sitter is turned slightly towards the left of the painting.

The cap that he wears has been slightly obscured by the varnish. This painting was part of a collection of 117 works belonging to the industrialist and engineer F.D. Lycett Green and bequeathed to York through the Art Fund, in 1955, in recognition of the remarkable efforts made after the Second World War by its curator to transform it into a gallery of international importance.

Provenance

Lord Rothermere; F.D. Lycett Green.




Exhibitions at York Art Gallery

Back to top