Roman Charity : Cimon and Pero
- Art Funded
- 127.6 x 151.1 cm
- Presented by
- F D Lycett Green through The Art Fund
An old man is held captive in chains and is nourished by a young woman, approaching him from the right. In the upper left side of the scene, a face can be identified in the spy hole. This painting was part of a collection of 117 works belonging to the industrialist and engineer F.D. Lycett Green and bequeathed to York through the Art Fund, in 1955, in recognition of the remarkable efforts made after the Second World War by its curator to transform it into a gallery of international importance.
Bottenweiser; F.D. Lycett Green.