Portrait of Monsignor Agucchi
- Art Funded
- 60.3 x 46.3 cm
- Presented by
- F D Lycett Green through The Art Fund
His head is tilted towards the left of the painting while he holds a paper in his hand and wears a bireta. This painting, previously attributed to Domenichino, was part of a collection of 117 works belonging to the industrialist and engineer F.D. Lycett Green and bequeathed to York through the Art Fund, in 1955, in recognition of the remarkable efforts made after the Second World War by its curator to transform it into a gallery of international importance.
Sebright collection; Sir kenneth Clark; F.D. Lycett Green.