Portrait of a Lady
- Art Funded
- 71.1 x 58.4 cm
- Presented by
- F D Lycett Green through The Art Fund
She holds a sheet of music between her hands and a landscape may be glimpsed in the extreme right-hand corner of the painting. This painting was part of a collection of 117 works belonging to the industrialist and engineer F.D. Lycett Green and bequeathed to York through the Art Fund, in 1955, in recognition of the remarkable efforts made after the Second World War by its curator to transform it into a gallery of international importance.
R.A. Pfungst; F.D. Lycett Green.