The Circumcision of Christ
- Art Funded
- 94.6 x 65.4 cm
- Presented by
- F D Lycett Green through The Art Fund
A priest stands on the right and onlookers stand behind the Virgin on the left. This scene is located in front of a niche framed by classical columns and the roundel on the font depicts the sacrifice of Issac.This painting was part of a collection of 117 works belonging to the industrialist and engineer F.D. Lycett Green and bequeathed to York through the Art Fund, in 1955, in recognition of the remarkable efforts made after the Second World War by its curator to transform it into a gallery of international importance.
Private collection, Milan; F.D. Lycett Green.