In this painting, an old woman sits in a chair with her head resting on a cushion and turned toward the left with a book on her lap.

This painting was part of a collection of 117 works belonging to the industrialist and engineer F.D. Lycett Green and bequeathed to York through the Art Fund, in 1955, in recognition of the remarkable efforts made after the Second World War by its curator to transform it into a gallery of international importance.

Provenance

F.D. Lycett Green




Exhibitions at York Art Gallery

Back to top