In this half-length portrait, a man in a dark coat trimmed with black and wearing a beret turns toward the left.

This painting was part of a collection of 117 works belonging to the industrialist and engineer F.D. Lycett Green and bequeathed to York through the Art Fund, in 1955, in recognition of the remarkable efforts made after the Second World War by its curator to transform it into a gallery of international importance.

Provenance

Sir George Holford; F.D. Lycett Green.




Exhibitions at York Art Gallery

Back to top