Saint Jerome in a Landscape
- Art Funded
- 26.3 x 26 cm
- Presented by
- F D Lycett Green through The Art Fund
A church sits at the top of a small hill on the left, and a river flows into the distant background to the right. This painting was part of a collection of 117 works belonging to the industrialist and engineer F.D. Lycett Green and bequeathed to York through the Art Fund, in 1955, in recognition of the remarkable efforts made after the Second World War by its curator to transform it into a gallery of international importance.
Rev. J. Fuller-Maitland; F.D. Lycett Green.