In this painting, the disciples sit around the large table and Christ sits at the far end on the right.

In the foreground, a disciple leans forward holding jug and a bald-headed man is seen from the back. A serving boy is located to the right and the scene is depicted against a background of classical columns. This painting was part of a collection of 117 works belonging to the industrialist and engineer F.D. Lycett Green and bequeathed to York through the Art Fund, in 1955, in recognition of the remarkable efforts made after the Second World War by its curator to transform it into a gallery of international importance.

Provenance

F.D. Lycett Green.


York Art Gallery

Exhibition Square, York, North Yorkshire, YO1 7EW
01904 687 687
Website

Opening times

Mon - Sun, 10am - 5pm



Exhibitions at York Art Gallery

Back to top