Dead Christ with the Virgin and St. John
- Art Funded
- 18.4 x 47.6 cm
- Presented by
- F D Lycett Green through The Art Fund
His hands are supported by the Virgin on the left and St. John on the right. This painting was part of a collection of 117 works belonging to the industrialist and engineer F.D. Lycett Green and bequeathed to York through the Art Fund, in 1955, in recognition of the remarkable efforts made after the Second World War by its curator to transform it into a gallery of international importance. This work was stolen from the gallery in 1999 but subsequently found and returned.
Woodburn; Lord Carmichael; F.D. Lycett Green.